Welcome to CarbonDesk!
Big impact with small change!
Our Objective is to simplify sustainability by creating every day products with innovative, mindful materials. We are helping measure, reduce and offset our emissions, making clients a carbon neutral organisation, archiving carbon zero certification.
We’re excited to have you here but before you start using CarbonDesk, we need you to look through and accept these terms. We’ve done our best to explain it all without using too much words, so it’s clear what you can expect from us.These are your legal rights and obligations, so please read everything. If you can’t agree to our terms, then you can’t use our services.
Last updated on 1 August 2022.
Joining and using CarbonDesk
1. You and CarbonDesk: When we say you or your, we mean both you and any entity or firm you’re authorised to represent. When we say CarbonDesk, we, our or us, we’re talking about the CarbonDesk entity you contract with and pay fees to based on the edition of product you’re using.
2. Our services: Our services consist of all the services we provide now or in the future, including our online and mobile carbon measurement and related products.
3. Creating a subscription: When you create a subscription to use our services and accept these terms, you become a subscriber. If you’re the subscriber, you’re the one responsible for paying for your subscription.
4. User roles and access: As a subscriber inviting others into a subscription, you should understand the permissions you’re granting to invited users.
5. Partner program: If you participate in our partner program, read our additional partner terms.
6. The right to use our services: Whether you’re a subscriber or an invited user, we grant you the right to use our services (based on your subscription type, your user role and the level of access you’ve been granted) for as long as the subscriber continues to pay for the subscription, until the subscription is terminated, or – if you’re an invited user – until your access is revoked.
7. Subscriber role: As a subscriber, you take responsibility for fully controlling how your subscription is managed and who can access it. It’s quite a big deal! For example:
You can transfer a subscription
You control access to a subscription. You decide who’s invited to use our services you’ve subscribed to and what kind of access the invited user has.
You can change or stop that access at any time
You’re responsible for resolving any disputes with any invited users over access to your subscription
8. Your responsibilities: You promise that you’ll keep your information (including a current email address) up to date. You’re responsible for providing true, accurate and complete information and for verifying the accuracy of any information that you use from our services for your legal and compliance obligations. You’re also responsible for protecting your username and password from getting stolen or misused. The stronger the password the better!
9. New or revised services: For new or updated services, there might be additional terms. We’ll let you know what those terms are before you start using those services.
10. Copyrights: We own everything we’ve put into our services unless otherwise stated and excluding content owned by others. And includes rights to all copyrighted works, trademarks, designs, inventions, and other intellectual property. You agree not to copy, distribute, modify or make derivative works of any of our content.
11. Trial subscriptions: When you first sign up, you can opt for a free trial, based on the terms specified at the time. If you choose to continue using our services after the trial, you’ll be billed when you add your billing details into our services. 12. CarbonDesk pricing plans: Your use of our services generally requires you to pay a monthly subscription fee based on your subscription type (the subscription fee). The pricing plan consists of the subscription and subscription fees we offered you, including invoicing, payment, auto-renewal and cancellation terms. The pricing plan may vary by region and includes information set out in the offer details and pricing page. We may update or amend the pricing plan from time to time. The terms of the pricing plan form part of these terms.
13. Taxes : You’re responsible for paying all other external fees and taxes associated with your use of our services wherever levied.
Data use and privacy
14. Use of data: When you enter or upload your data into our services, we don’t own that data but you grant us a licence to use, copy, transmit, store, analyse, and back up all data you submit to us through our services, including personal data of yourself and others, to: enable you to use our services; allow us to improve, develop and protect our services; create new services; communicate with you about your subscription; and send you information we think may be of interest to you based on your marketing preferences.Use of your own personal data: We respect your privacy and take data protection seriously. Confidential information
15.Keeping it confidential: While using our services, you may share confidential information with us, and you may become aware of confidential information about us. You or we may share each other’s confidential information with legal or regulatory authorities if required to do so. SecuritySecurity: We’ve invested in technical, physical and administrative safeguards to do our part to help keep your data safe and secure.
16 Account security: We may introduce security features to make your account more secure, such as multi-factor authentication.
17 Secure your data: You have an important part to play by keeping your login details secure, not letting any other person use them, and by making sure you have strong security on your own systems. Maintenance, downtime and data loss
18 Availability: We strive to maintain the availability of our services, and provide online support, 24 hours a day. On occasion, we need to perform maintenance on our services, and this may require a period of downtime. We try to minimise any such downtime. Where planned maintenance is being undertaken, we’ll attempt to notify you in advance but can’t guarantee it.
19 Problems and support: If you have a problem, you can contact our support team support@CarbonDesk.life
20 Modifications: We frequently release new updates, modifications and enhancements to our services, and in some cases discontinue features.
21 Subscription period: Your subscription continues for the period covered by the subscription fee paid or payable. At the end of each billing period, these terms automatically continue for a further period of the same duration as the previous one, provided you continue to pay the subscription fee in accordance with the pricing plan. You may choose to terminate your subscription at any time by providing one month’s written notice in advance.
22 Termination by CarbonDesk: CarbonDesk may choose to terminate your subscription at any time by providing you with one month’s written notice in advance. CarbonDesk may also terminate or suspend your subscription or access to all or any data immediately if:you breach any of these terms and do not remedy the breach within 14 days after receiving notice of the breach,you breach any of these terms and the breach cannot be remedied,you fail to pay subscription fees, oryou or your business becomes insolvent, your business goes into liquidation or has a receiver or manager appointed over any of its assets, you become insolvent or make any arrangements with your creditors, or become subject to any similar insolvency event in any jurisdiction.
23 No refunds: No refund is due to you if you terminate your subscription or CarbonDesk terminates it in accordance with these terms.
24 You indemnify us: You indemnify us against all losses, costs (including legal costs), expenses, demands or liability that we incur arising out of, or in connection with, a third-party claim against us relating to your use of our services or any third-party product (except as far as we’re at fault).
25 Disclaimer of warranties: Our services and all third-party products are made available to you on an “as is” basis.
26 Limitation of liability: Other than liability that we can’t exclude or limit by law, our liability to you in connection with our services or these terms, in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, is limited as follows:
We have no liability arising from your use of our services for any loss of revenue or profit, loss of goodwill, loss of customers, loss of capital, loss of anticipated savings, legal, tax or accounting compliance issues, damage to reputation, loss in connection with any other contract, or indirect, consequential, incidental, punitive, exemplary or special loss, damage or expense.
For loss or corruption of your data, our liability will be limited to taking reasonable steps to try and recover that data from our available backups.
Our total aggregate liability to you in any circumstances is limited to the total amount you paid us for your subscription in the 12 months immediately preceding the date on which the claim giving rise to the liability arose.
27 Dispute resolution: Most of your concerns can be resolved quickly or if we haven’t been able to resolve a dispute we have with you after attempting to do so informally, you and we agree to resolve those disputes through binding arbitration or small claims court instead of in courts of general jurisdiction. You and we agree that any dispute must be brought in the parties’ individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding.
Address: 12 Aranui Road, Mt Wellington, Auckland, 10621
Law: New Zealand
Venue: New Zealand
Carbon footprint data is conducted in alignment with the 2022 NZ MFE measurement data which has been produced following international standards ISO 14064-1:2018 and the GHG Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard. This allows your organisation to achieve a credible standard that is recognised by all stakeholders.
New Zealand - Ministry for theEnvironments’ ‘Measuring Emissions:A Guide for Organizations’.
Australia - Department of theEnvironment and Energy’s ‘TechnicalGuidelines for the Estimation of Facilities in Australia’ which works in conjunction with an annual factors document.
When you sign up for the 30 days free trial of CarbonDesk, you will have access to Basic Features Plan. If you want to trial a specific plan, just contact us. At any point during the trial, you can choose a plan and pay by credit card via strip.com payment method from within your account.
We combine security features with comprehensive audits of our applications, systems, and networks to ensure customer and business data is always protected hosting in Digital Ocean and our payment via strip.com.